MARKET RESEARCH BRIEF
I. MARKET & STRATEGIC OVERVIEW (Overall strategy, vision, values and business objectives)
1. Market overview of the product/brand that is relevance to the need of research
2. Describe the major players and key competitors in the market place
3. Past and current activity of the product/brand
4. Target markets
5. Other factors such as
a. seasonality (any specific season of the year where the product/brand is mostly being wanted by any target market)
b. distribution of the product/brand
c. pricing of the product/brand
d. past communication/marketing activity to promote your product/brand
II. BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RESEARCH
6. Was there any previous market research being done before ? If yes, what are the results ?
7. Did this past research fit into your marketing programs/activities? If yes, what decisions and action plan to do, had been made for your product/brand ?
8. Are there any resources of information and/or supporting materials which could be used by us to understand the research problems ?
III. PURPOSE OF PRESENT RESEARCH
9. What are the specific businesses or research objectives that you wish us to explore this time ?
10. What are your expected outcomes from this market research designed to inform your target market this time ?
IV. METHODOLOGY OF RESEARCH & SPECIFIC TARGET MARKET
(Please highlight one or both research methodology to client's preference)
11. Quantitative technique involves in surveying a large number of people through online, phone, self completion
12. Qualitative technique involves in a smaller group of people through observations, focus groups and face to face interview
13. Are there any creative works from the Client or the Agency is supposed to make, required in the research ?
V. TIMEFRAME, DELIVERABLE & TIMING
14. Is there a deadline for the outcomes of the research ?
15. In what kind of format should the outcomes of the research be delivered ? For example; raw data, complete answers to survey, recommendations.
16. We would like you to allow enough time for us to do:
a. preparation of research materials - 1 week
b. fieldwork - typically 2 to 4 weeks
c. analysis and reporting including giving recommendations - typically 2 weeks
Note: please consider the timing of any marketing program may affect the research results
17a. What is the overall allocated budget for this market research project ?
b. Do you wish us to suggest for you or have your own breaking down into component parts ?